From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Whet Your Appetite For American Olympic Soccer...

I am going to do my best to recreate the "magic" of the 2002 World Cup by waking up early tomorrow morning to catch the US vs. Japan. No, not 3 am early, but maybe 5:30 so I can start up the DVR and see the entire match before heading to work. We'll see if my ambitions match my ability.

Check out today's US Soccer Studio 90 post. In the section with the MNT Preview you get some highlights of US vs. Cameroon from the ING Tournament held recently in Hong Kong as an Olympic warm up. Is anyone else struck by how good the young Americans look passing the ball. There is one sequence where American defense takes the ball and creates a great counter attack with all one touch passes. This is the kind of beautiful soccer many of us have been waiting our entire lives for.

I hope the Olympians can look as polished against Japan tomorrow morning. If they do it will help make my lack of sleep pay off.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home