From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The List...

Loyal readers and new followers...if there are any. For the past couple years I've written this blog quoting some list, a database of players I keep. I've not really shared it with too many people to this point thinking there is some proprietary knowledge held in it. Well, I've realized there isn't. It is a list of players and some information I've added to each player's history as I can find it on-line. However, as the world of soccer has expanded in the US, so too has my list and my ability to keep up with updates and tracking down players has dwindled. With that fact I realized that it is time for Bonji to harness the power of the Internet by crowd-sourcing my list.

So here it is folks, all 1,220 rows of names. As I make updates, they'll get updated on here. The permanent link will be on the right margin.

I know some of these kids have quit playing, left college for the pros, or just fallen off the face of the earth after an unimpressive career. I slowly weed them out. But that is where you can help! If you know something, tell me. I've got an email address published on the right, email me. If you like doing updates and tracking this stuff, maybe you can work with me. I just want to get this info out there and improve it. So help me do that. If you do have some new information, please send me a link to a source. I want to keep some academic rigger.

Let me remind you, players get on the list by doing something like winning an honor, getting a call up to a US Youth Team, playing on a foreign national team before coming to college in The States. So, please don't send me players to add because you like them, or because they're your brother, etc. If someone wins the Golden Glove at the adidas esp camp and then enrolls in Harvard...tell me about it.

Thanks and enjoy!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Great list, Bonji, and thanks for sharing. Your mention of enrolling at Harvard reminded me of a Harvard Freshman with a pretty good resume (Brian Rogers) who I've been tracking.

    Disclosure: I'm neither friends or family of the kid, and have never met or played against him.

    By Anonymous Timmy, at 9:19 AM  

  • Great List BOnji.

    By Anonymous soccer goals, at 7:32 PM  

  • Thanks to take the information about this .i see many sites to take the information about this but your site is best of all. I like your post and your site .and again thanks .keep it up .your information is very help full for me .i hope you provide more information about this .i am waiting your reply .please reply me as soon as possible.World Entertainment
    indian universities
    bengali songs

    By Blogger Tehseen hasan bajwa, at 9:12 AM  

  • hi buddy, I am a new follower and I think you did a good job with this blog, and John my pay per head bookmaking agent friend recommends you to keep doing this good job of yours

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home