From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Friday, May 19, 2006

Scandal Rocks Italian Football!

Ok, so this story has been out for awhile but I haven't had the time to really pay attention. However, I found a page on the bbc's website with a good overview of the scandal.

I'm sure you're asking what this has to do with American college soccer players getting to the pros. Well, it obviously doesn't have any link. I'm just putting this up here so that all my loyal readers can keep up with something that is certainly going to adversely affect the play of the Italians in the first round of the World Cup. As an American fan who is going to watch my team play the Italians, I am happy for any thing that will take them out of their groove. The fact that their national team manager,
Marcello Lippi, is now being questioned about his son's involvement in the sports agency at the middle of all this makes me more excited that Italy will be negatively affected by all this.

Add the scandal to the Totti injury and I have to say the US' chances of getting out of the group stage is getting better and better every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home