From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Monday, August 21, 2006

The college soccer season is here...

The American college soccer season is upon us. The means, I'm madly updating my spreadsheet while reading all the latest pre-season polls and All-American lists. Instead of recreating these different lists, I'm going to link to them and then we can discuss.

College Soccer News pre-season All-Americans

College Soccer News pre-season top 30 poll

Soccer America pre-season top 25

NSCAA/adidas pre-season top 25

Soccer America top 10 scouting report

That is a solid list of the top publications I'm aware of previewing the upcoming season.

An interesting note, looks like people think the ACC will be unstoppable as a conference this season. Wouldn't it be interesting to see an all ACC final this fall. I'm sure the rest of the country wouldn't like that, but it could be interesting. However, as we've seen in other College sports, the pre-season polls mean nothing. These kids have to actually get out there and play the games and the difference between the on paper and on field performances are vastly different.

I'll throw this out there again. I have a spreadsheet with over 260 players I'm tracking as they make it through college to the pros. I'd like to put it into some kind of on-line database. If someone can tell me a good one, I'll have it on-line for eveyone to review. Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • College season is definitely starting. I watch the UND women's Figgting Sioux practice for awhile while in Grand Forks with grandma. I'm not sure she believed me when I said I just wanted to watch to see how their new coach is doing compared to the coach my sister had.

    By Blogger Allen, at 1:00 PM  

  • Who is Brandon Bumpas?

    By Blogger Allen, at 1:53 PM  

  • Looks like he is a NSCAA/adidas Boys Youth All-America Team selection from Denver. He's a keeper. He's played on some youth national teams. He's from Denver. He was all all*star at this summer's ESP camp. Sounds like he's still in HS. He's added to my list.

    By Blogger Bonji, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home