From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Friday, September 22, 2006

Ok, so maybe I jumped the gun on the whole Cam Weaver thing...

I've got to admit, as a Rapids fan I was very excited to hear that Cam Weaver had played for the Colorado Rapids Reserve team last weekend. I've been reading the reports out of Seattle on Weaver for months now and he seems to be the real deal. After working hard in the USL-1, he earned his shot at the big boys and the Rapids need someone with his size and nose for goal.

Now it seems that Cam was just visiting. The signing deadline in MLS was last Friday and a number of clubs made moves to squeak players at the deadline. It seems that the Rapids couldn't get this done in time and Cam was just trying to get some playing time. MLS Reserve League rules allow for guest players and at this point it seems Weaver was just passing through.

I know Cam will join MLS sooner rather than later. This time it seems that it didn't happen. I'm sure going to be pissed when another club marches into our new stadium next year with Weaver on the back of one of their jerseys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home