From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Thursday, November 16, 2006

From College To The Pros - 2007 Pro-Prospects...

Ok folks, I've added a list to my right margin titled FCTP Pro-Prospects. These are the seniors I foresee being invited to the MLS Combine and I see them being selected by MLS squads. Some will get trials in Europe...some will slip through to the USL. But after a four year college career, a top level club and high school career, these guys have run the gauntlet and should make it in professional soccer if that is their desire.

These are seniors only at this point. There will be a lot of Generation adidas talk in the coming months and I'll hold off on that for now. As I said in an earlier post...3rd Degree is the place for that discussion right now.

Different criteria get them on the list. For many it was participating in the adidas ESP camp. For others it was a solid display in the 2006 PDL season. Others won awards, others made other people's lists...and that is my list.

Enjoy.

1 Comments:

  • How about Josh Trott from Holy Cross? Patriot League Offensive MVP. I would think he should def get an invite to the MLS Combine. Right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home