From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MLS Pre-Season Kicks Off...

The 2007 MLS season continues to inch closer. By my count there are sixty (60) days until the opening of Dick's Sporting Goods Park, the Colorado Rapids and MLS season. As you can imagine...I'm very excited. The MLS 2007 season schedule was just released. Now you all know when David Beckham will be coming to a city near you.

As you probably have read there is a lot of head scratching here in Colorado as to the name of our great club, and at this time I have no comment. After all, as my friend William once said, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other word would smell as sweet." Here's a big FU to the fans of other MLS clubs. As if I care that you don't like the rumored name change, I know you don't like the Rapids and I don't care. I think my club likes being the bad boys of MLS, right Pablo?

Back to FCTP. I hope you all enjoyed the Carnival. I think all the pieces were well thought out and the league would benefit reading them. Maybe they will incorporate some of them to build a great youth development system we all want. I continue to wait for more information on the new youth set up and what youth teams will be suiting up for the club this season. However, I'm not holding my breath since I know how bad MLS is at giving us the information we want. I need a contact at MLS HQ if anyone wants to volunteer.

At this point I don't have a lot to talk about with you all. MLS pre-season is kicking off and most teams are releasing little bits of info on their camps. The best I can do is point you to the MLS website. My Rapids have chosen to spend the pre-season focusing their PR efforts on the name change as opposed to the actual preparations for the upcoming season. I guess I can't fault them...too much.

I'm working on some player interviews. We'll see how that request goes. Hopefully as some camp rosters are announced some news will start to trickle out about this new rookie class. Until then...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home