From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Monday, April 09, 2007

MLS Opening Weekend 2007...

I am currently putting together a new feature here at FCTP, but before I get it rolled out I wanted to call everyone's attention to a great opening weekend for the league. I would have been happier to see fewer draws, especially 0-0 draws, but what can you do.

I'd like to call your attention to a new feature on the right hand side of the blog. Someone has created a single table for MLS and I'm linking to it. I'm not one of those people who says switching to a single table will fix all of MLS' problems, but I do want to see the league move into line with the rest of the world and a single table is one of the biggest outstanding Americanizations we still live with. Remember, this single table does not reflect real MLS standings. For those go to MLS' site.

Check back in a day or two to see my new weekly feature.

1 Comments:

  • I like that table. I suppose having west v. east is supposed to increase rivalry. Isn't that the fan's role? It feels manufactured having "Western Conference" and "Eastern Conference". I suppose that they could have conferences in the EPL, for example, if they didn't have a relegation system making divisions unstable year to year. But I'd rather have relegation and promotion like in Europe. Of course I realize that is impossible under the single entity structure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home