From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Top 25 High School Seniors....

Rise Magazine seems to be a rag for ranking high school kids going into NCAA sports. An interesting concept, but do we really need a magazine focused on young kids? Really perpetuates the whole sports/celebrity thing that many of us don't love about professional sports. Anyway, back to soccer. Back in February they posted a list of the top 25 high school senior soccer players with their college commitments. This list will be going into my database for sure.

You'll see that the ACC is once again reloading on young talent to replace that lost through graduation and early attrition to the pros. Stanford snagging three from the top 25 is exciting for the Pac-10.

After checking my database I am happy to report that I had all 25 of the prospects already. They earned their way onto the list by being an All-American, ESP Participant or US Youth National player. I'm glad to see I'm doing something right.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Does this mean none of them are heading overseas yet?

    By Blogger Allen, at 7:24 AM  

  • I don't think a national letter of intent means they have to go to college. I'm sure they could change their mind and head overseas. However, with most European leagues going into the final leg of the season, I doubt they're too worried about American kids. I think we'll see all of these kids make it to college. However, there is always a chance of going somewhere else.

    By Blogger Bonji, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home