From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Friday, December 12, 2008

Result Of NCAA Men's Soccer Semi-Final Numer 1...

If you don't want to know, don't read on....


Huge upset in Texas as UNC beats Wake 1-0! Wake sees the defense of their 2007 championship end in heart breaking fashion. I got home just in time to see a Wake player, I think Tracey, laying on the ground dejected. Brian Shriver scored the lone goal in the 4th minute and the Tar Heels held on to win against their instate rivals. Most everyone thought Wake would get the win here, but it is not to be.

After I saw the goal scorer I checked to see if he is on the combine list. He isn't! I'm not sure how the UNC marksman missed the cut but it could be a sign of MLS teams understanding they're going to be drafting fewer guys who actually make the team. Shriver certainly hasn't been the most prolific scorer in his college career but he showed today he can come up big when it counts. He also led the boys in light blue in scoring in 2008 with 13 goals and five assists before his huge goal tonight.

Congrats to the Tar Heels, you've just killed my pool. I've still got Maryland winning it all. Go Terps!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home