From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Monday, November 27, 2006

More players added to the FCTP Pro-Prospects list...

The first incarnation of the list included seniors I thought would be invited to the combine. Then it expanded to include Charlie Davies of Boston College who has publicly announced his intentions to turn pro. Today I expand the list with the help of Buzz over at 3rd Degree. As I said previously, if you want draft coverage, go to Buzz. It seems he has a contact with a copy of the MLS Generation Adidas target list. So today's addition to the FCTP Pro-Prospects list in the right margin are the 28 players targeted by MLS for Generation Adidas contracts.

Interesting to see 5 high school players included in the list. In that case the link with their name won't work. All of the HS players are current Bradenton residents.

Sal Zizzo's stock is rising quickly with strong performances in the NCAA tournament.

Sean Franklin is the only kid not previously in my spread sheet. He's there now.

So check the right margin for the list of kids I expect to see at the combine. I should point out, not all of the underclassmen will be offered MLS contracts and not all will accept. So until Buzz can feed me with some better information, this is what we've got. We're up to 72 FCTP Pro-Prospects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home