From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 MLS Combine Is Just About Here…

Get ready for the mad dash to the MLS 2008 SuperDraft. The invited college players descend on Fort Lauderdale, FL tomorrow (1/11/08) to kick off their bid to join the American professional ranks. Friday night there is a welcome dinner at their hotel (the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel for those interested) then at 10 am Saturday games kick off. Are you going to be there? If so, make sure you come back and comment on what you think.

There are more games on Sunday, Monday is a rest day and Tuesday is the final game day. Last year many players moved up/down the draft board based on their performances. Take a look back to see what people were saying about last year’s draft class during the combine Day 1, Day 2. Some of the guys are in the league, some aren’t.

Keep your eyes peeled around here over the weekend. I’ll do my best to link to as many things as I can find on player’s performances throughout the weekend.

In a true bit of irony, I am flying into Fort Lauderdale on Monday night for work. I have meetings all Tuesday morning before flying back that evening. Too bad I didn’t have the foresight to book a flight on Saturday instead. Maybe someday I’ll be able to go to the combine for work. We’ll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home