From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beltran To Be Surprise #1???

I know a lot of readers are surprised to see me with Tony Beltran at #5 in the below mock draft. However, the rumors won't stop swirling and now I hear KC may have had Beltran in mind when they traded up. I know, you're all picking your jaws up off the floor! Who knows, I may be part of some pre-draft poker game manipulation, but my sources are very interested in Beltran and thinks many MLS coaches are too.

A lot of fans are knocking the Beltran hype but let's remember, he was a starter on the U.S. squad that advanced to the quarterfinals at the 2007 FIFA Under-20 World Cup, he was a starter for the U-18 team that won the 2005 Milk Cup and he was a starter in all 21 games in 2007, playing in all but four minutes. In 2004 he was an adidas ESP All*Star and a NSCAA/adidas high school All-American. This kid has the pedigree and he is Generation Adidas. He's also versatile in that he can play RB and central midfield.

This would be an exciting dark horse pick, right?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm still not sure what my mock draft would look like. I've been thinking about it a lot. You have to admit. Beltran is something else!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home