From College to the Pros - The US soccer ladder

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Combine...Combine...Combine...

Well folks, my weekend has been way too busy to sit down and write. Sorry about that. I am reading a bunch of blog posts from folks in Fort Lauderdale so check the 'Read Like Bonji' link to the right to see what is coming out from the front lines.

Most of the news of the first day was uninspiring. That is what happens when kids who haven't played in over a month get put on teams where they don't know anyone else's style and their coach has a matter of minutes with them before the game kicks off. No real surprise. Another reason it is important that MLS coaches be familiar with the college game and the players during the regular season.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi, I have been invited to the 2008Superdraft by a friend in the DC United organization, I'm just wondering what goes on at this event. I know the draft process, etc. and I know what to expect there...but the event suggests other things going on (not to mention the NSCAA Convention ) Have you been to a Superdraft? What should a fan expect?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

  • Unfortunately I have only been able to watch the SuperDraft on TV. Maybe another one of our readers can respond.

    By Blogger Bonji, at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home